PS-90A-76 engine (PS - Pavel Soloviev) is a modification of PS-90A turbofan bypass engine. It extends service life of the large fleet of the IL-76 transport airplanes and raises their efficiency by installation of the PS-90A-76 engine instead of the D-30KP. It allowed to build a new modification of the IL-76 airplane - the IL-76MF military cargo aircraft which meets modern requirements.
Turbofan, bypass, two-shaft, mixed flow, with a thrust reverser in a fan duct and noise absorbing system.
The engine was certified in 2003.
|Specific fuel consumption (with real nozzle), kg/kgf hour||0.595|
|Flight altitude, m||up to 13100|
|Air temperature at sea level (for start and operation), ° С||-47...+45|
|Airfield height (versus sea level) , m||up to 3500|
|Wind speed for ground operation, no more, m/s
|Engine length, mm||4964|
|Fan tip diameter, mm||1900|
|Dry weight, kg||2950|
|Thrust reverser weight, kg||450|
|Delivery weight, kg||4160|
Advantages of the PS-90A-76 engine compared to D-30KP
- Conformity of ecological parameters on emission and noise to ICAO regulations
- Increase of reliability and life
- Improvement of efficiency
- Availability of thrust augmentation up to 16000 kg
- Parameter stability of running
- Improvement of fire safety in connection with replacement of some fuel accessory units by pneumatic
- Feasibility of the fan impeller replacement when running